Motorcyclist killed in collision with boat in Burnett County
Mon, 06/21/2010 - 4:52pm Mon, 06/21/2010 - 4:52pm
-->Submitted by Jon Ellis
FOX 21 News
WEBB LAKE, Wis. - A motorcyclist from the Twin Cities was killed when his bike collided with an out-of-control boat trailer on Saturday afternoon.
The crash happened on County Highway H and Oak Lake Road in the Town of Scott at 12:21 p.m. The Burnett County Sheriff's Department said a northbound truck towing a boat trailer was attempting to pass another vehicle when the driver lost control.
The boat swung into the southbound lane and struck a motorcycle driven by Christopher Brock, 40, of Andover, Minn. Brock, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown from the motorcycle and died at the scene of the crash.
The truck towing the boat was driven by a 73-year-old man from Kieler, Wis. Authorities are investigating and have not decided whether to file charges.
- Loose Trailer
- Man airlifted to Nassau following Freak Accident i...
- Motorcyclist killed in collision with boat in Burn...
- Travel trailer demolished in accident
- News Boat crashes into bus shelter in Newbiggin
- Hazardous material spill closes Highway 70 for nea...
- Crash closed I-80 again...Camper Trailer Detached
- Driver hurt when SUV towing trailer overturns on R...
- Pruett did not use any safety chains to ensure tha...
- Loose Trailer Chemical Spill In Washtenaw County
- Trailer leads truck to flip on interstate
- Loose boat trailer runs into house
- Trailer towing bill to be drafted...we're ready to...
- Trailer broke loose from the vehicle
- Runaway trailer unhinges chaos
- Trailer dislodges on I-40
- Detached U-Haul Trailer Strikes, Kills Pittsburgh ...
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2009 (189)