SA Roadlink in hot water again
Eyewitness News 6 Hours Ago
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','name','storymedia','width','360','height','309','align','middle','id','storymedia','src','flash/storymedia','quality','high','bgcolor','#ffffff','allowscriptaccess','always','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','flash/storymedia' ); //end AC code
Western Cape traffic officials said on Saturday the driver of an SA Roadlink bus involved in an incident near Beaufort West may face various charges.
The bus was towing a trailer on Friday night when it became detached. The trailer then smashed into a barrier. Forutnately no one was hurt in the incident.
Provincial traffic’s Kenny Africa said the trailer was found to be unroadworthy.
Roadlink buses have been involved in several accidents on the Cape’s roads in recent months. The Provincial Transport Department is still considering taking action against the company.
“We took the bus, as well as the trailer, to the testing station. They were then taken off the road because there were no brakes on the trailer and [they had] smooth tyres,” he said.
(Edited by Deshnee Subramany)
- Loose Trailer
- Man airlifted to Nassau following Freak Accident i...
- Motorcyclist killed in collision with boat in Burn...
- Travel trailer demolished in accident
- News Boat crashes into bus shelter in Newbiggin
- Hazardous material spill closes Highway 70 for nea...
- Crash closed I-80 again...Camper Trailer Detached
- Driver hurt when SUV towing trailer overturns on R...
- Pruett did not use any safety chains to ensure tha...
- Loose Trailer Chemical Spill In Washtenaw County
- Trailer leads truck to flip on interstate
- Loose boat trailer runs into house
- Trailer towing bill to be drafted...we're ready to...
- Trailer broke loose from the vehicle
- Runaway trailer unhinges chaos
- Trailer dislodges on I-40
- Detached U-Haul Trailer Strikes, Kills Pittsburgh ...
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2009 (189)