Crash closed I-80 again
POSTED: May 26, 2010
LIBERTY Two people were injured after a camper trailer detached from a pickup truck which then overturned Tuesday evening, bringing Interstate 80 traffic to a standstill for a second day in a row.
Dorothy Treible, 71, of Pierceton, Ind., was flown by helicopter to St. Elizabeth Health Center, where she was treated for a severe injury to her right arm and other moderate injuries, according to the Warren Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The eastbound lanes were shut down for more than an hour, and the westbound lanes were shut down for about 30 minutes to allow the helicopter to land, a Trumbull County 911 supervisor said. Traffic was backed up for more than three miles, according to one witness.
Treible's husband, Bryan, 70, was taken by ambulance to St. Elizabeth for treatment of moderate injuries, a patrol report states. Both were listed in stable condition Tuesday night.
The Treibles were traveling east on I-80 about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in a 2002 Ford F-250 pulling a camper trailer. The trailer swayed when Bryan Treible, the driver, attempted to change lanes, then detached and overturned on the roadside when the pickup swerved.
The pickup truck went off the right side of the roadway, hit a guardrail and overturned down an embankment, according to the patrol.
The crash was about a mile west of the state Route 7 exit and three miles west of the Interstate 680 exchange. A supervisor at the Trumbull County 911 Center said it also was about one mile west of the area where a triple-fatality crash occurred Monday afternoon.
Shortly before 2 p.m. Monday, eastbound traffic was merging heading into a construction zone when an SUV was sandwiched between two tractor-trailer rigs when the rear one did not stop for stalled traffic. All three people in the SUV died.
That section of the interstate was closed for about six hours, trapping cars that were between exits.
- Loose Trailer
- Man airlifted to Nassau following Freak Accident i...
- Motorcyclist killed in collision with boat in Burn...
- Travel trailer demolished in accident
- News Boat crashes into bus shelter in Newbiggin
- Hazardous material spill closes Highway 70 for nea...
- Crash closed I-80 again...Camper Trailer Detached
- Driver hurt when SUV towing trailer overturns on R...
- Pruett did not use any safety chains to ensure tha...
- Loose Trailer Chemical Spill In Washtenaw County
- Trailer leads truck to flip on interstate
- Loose boat trailer runs into house
- Trailer towing bill to be drafted...we're ready to...
- Trailer broke loose from the vehicle
- Runaway trailer unhinges chaos
- Trailer dislodges on I-40
- Detached U-Haul Trailer Strikes, Kills Pittsburgh ...
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2009 (189)